Love Out Loud - Natalie

Hello everyone!! 

I'm back with my first layout using the Nov/ Dec kit! 

My first layout is a New Year's Eve themed layout, which is actually from 2014/5 not this year, when I went to New York City for New Year's! 



Products used:

Main Kit:
- Simple Stories 2018 Cheers Paper 
- Crate Paper Good Vibes 6x12 stickers
- American Crafts Sweater Weather Cozy Paper

Lite Kit:
- Photo Play Vintage Girl Razzle Dazzle Paper


Extras Shop:

- Crate Paper Good Vibes Puffy Phrases


Own Stash:
- Gold Heidi Swapp Colour Shine
- Gold sequins 
- Black enamel dots

When starting this layout I knew I wanted to use the NYE wordy paper from Simple Stories, but it was just too busy to use as a background. Then I found this sketch by Laura Rumble for Speigelmom Scraps, which was just perfect for a NYE layout!




I don't have a cutting machine, so in order to cut out the star I just printed a star from Microsoft Word and used that as a template to cut out my star. Making sure that I included certain words on the paper that I wanted to be included on my star. 

I swapped the sketch around so my star was in the right hand corner. 
Before sticking my star down I used gold Heidi Swapp colour shine spray to create gold splatters across my page. As some of the splatters were rather large I had to let this dry overnight. 

I stuck my star down using foam pads, and added my photo. My photo is just 2x3 inches in size, and was printed using my HP Sprocket portable printer that I got for Christmas! 

I then decided that the background was too plain, I don't often like using white cardstock as my background, so I cut 1 inch strips of the black striped paper from the Lite Kit (Photo Play, Vintage Girl, Razzle Dazzle), and used these at the top and bottom to help contain the layout. I used my distressing tool to roughen the edges to add further interest. 

I added small labels for journalling in the top left and bottom right, and these were fussy cut from Sweater Weather Cozy paper from the Main Kit. 
I added some more gold splatters at the top left to draw your eye upwards.




Finally I added my title "Love Out Loud" and added puffy star stickers which came from the same puffy phrases sticker set (Crate Paper, Good Vibes, Puffy Phrases). I also added gold star stickers (Crate Paper, Good Vibes 6x12 sticker set) and finally some gold sequins and black enamel dots from my stash.



I really like this layout and hope it inspires you to scrap your NYE photos!!

Natalie x

1 comment: