Space Layout

I thought the actual name of this layout 'UKSDC' (UK space design competition!) was a bit sciency for a Quirky Kits blog post title so I cut it down to the key word 'Space'. When I first opened my kit I noticed right away that the black card, navy paper and a few of the stickers could work very well with a space theme so I ran with it.
Working on a black cardstock was a challenge I haven't tried before, but I love that even darker colours can pop off it. I created the background by using a large brush to paint gesso then doing layers of watercolours in purple, navy and black on top. I finished it off with some splatters to be like stars in the galaxy. 
 It was a really easy background to do and I tried to pick colours to match my layering. WARNING it did take a little while to dry but I think it was worth it.
 When embellishing my layout I decided to layer onto the photo because there was a lot of mess in the foreground. I also created clusters of punched and sticker stars to fit my theme.
 Even though the topic of my photo is pretty niche, I think a space theme can work for all kinds of layouts, especially for kids or with the new Star Wars film coming out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment