Natalie - Adventure

Hey everyone,

I'm back with a second layout made using the Sept/ October kit.
For this layout I decided to focus on the Pinkfresh Studio "Escape the Ordinary" puffy stickers that were in the embellishment kit. This set has lots of puffy triangle stickers, and so I decided to make a layout based on triangles!
As the "Escape the Ordinary" collection is very nature themed, and I am not sporty at all, I asked my cousin for a photo of her mountaineering. This is a photo of her at the highest peak in Morocco!


I started by using white cardstock for my background and cutting out two equilateral triangles (6" height approximately), (PFS Escape the Ordinary, Wander and Chase, both from the Main Kit). 
I placed these facing opposite directions, and added my photo in the middle, with a white matt to help it stand out. 
I then cut out smaller triangles to create my embellishment clusters at the top left and the bottom right. The green dashed paper is the back of Chase, and the yellow triangle is actually cut from a hexagon from Pink Paislee Turn The Page Paper #17 (Lite Kit), which matched the yellow in the Pink Fresh Studio collection perfectly!
I added a variety of sizes of puffy stickers to my two clusters.
Next to my photo I added the "You'll move mountains" ephemera piece (PFS Escape the Ordinary ephemera, Custom Cards Kit), which fitted my theme perfectly!


Next I worked on my title. I used a Freckled Fawn acrylic word from a Quirky Kit earlier this year for my title, as the colour was perfect! 
I decided to add a further embellishment cluster next to my title, so cut out a blue spotted triangle (Dear Lizzy, Stargazer, Marigold Merriment, Main Kit), added another puffy sticker, and a leaf ephemera piece.

Next I worked on a further embellishment cluster, in the bottom left, where I wanted to place my journalling, which I typed using a free typewriter font. 
Finally the layout was seeming a bit too bare for me, as I usually always work with patterned backgrounds, so I decided to add a border to two sides of my layout, something which I seem to be doing all the time at the moment. The blue spotty paper adds just enough colour I think (Dear Lizzy Stargazer, Marigold Merriment, Main Kit), and I gutted the back so I still have most of the paper free to use!



I hope you like my layout, and that it inspires you to use triangles! 

Natalie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment