"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere" - Natalie



Hi everyone,

 I hope you are all enjoying opening your new kits. I know I say this every time we get a new kit, but this kit is just so beautiful - the colours are so perfect!

This layout started off with the "Follow Your Dreams" paper (Fancy Pants "Dream Big" collection, Main Kit). I love using patterned paper as my background so I knew I wanted to make a layout on this gorgeous paper, the image of the open road looks like it's printed on a canvas, it is so pretty.

I luckily have 2 sheets of this paper as I used the reverse, which is a mustard yellow star print, to create a border on 2 sides.  

My first thought was my title "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere", a quote from Belle (Reprise) from Beauty and the Beast. This is a quote that I've wanted to use as a title for quite a while and I thought this paper was just perfect.


I used the lovely Freckled Fawn white puffy alphabet (Main Kit) for my title. As the font is small and white I think it works perfectly for the less important words in the title, as with such a long title I didn't want all the words to be the same size, or it would just be too overpowering. 


For the word "Adventure" I used some cork stickers from my stash, and for the words "Great Wide" I used a set of Thickers which have a faint notepaper print on them, which we got in a Quirky Kit last year. I placed the phrase "Great Wide" along the horizon, and left a gap for where the end of the road meets the horizon. 


I actually made most of this layout before deciding which photos to use! I was looking for some photos of me during an adventure, but then my cousin sent me some photos this morning of her and her Rangers group before they head off for Morocco today, ready to climb 3 mountains! So I thought they would be perfect. One photo is a group shot and thus I have blurred out the group, and the other photo is my cousin in the airport, and I positioned this photo so that it looks like she is walking along the road. Both photos were printed as 3x3s. 

I then added some floral and leaf die cuts from the Fancy Pants "Dream Big" ephemera pack (Embellishment Kit). And added a co-ordinating label. I absolutely love the labels that we get in the kits each month, and that the colours match so perfectly to the papers!

I added a few enamel dots from my stash and a heart puffy sticker (Fancy Pants "Dream Big" Collection, Custom Cards Kit). 


In the top right of the layout I then added another label, some more die cuts, using the foam pads (Main Kit) to add dimension, and a few more enamel dots and puffy hearts.


I hope you like my layout as much as I do, and I hope it has given you some inspiration to use this piece of paper as a background paper!


No comments:

Post a Comment