Typhoon Problems - Natalie


Hello everyone! 

I'm back today with my second scrapbook layout and a mini Project Life insert with the May/June scrapbook kit! 

I started off with this beautiful background paper with rain clouds on (Kaisercraft Curious B side, Lite Kit), and was thinking about any stories to do with rain I wanted to tell. I decided to scrapbook about when I was caught up in a typhoon during a trip to China. 

This layout was quite simple to put together because I followed a sketch, which required a 6x4 photo, a journalling block and a 4x4 photo along the centre. As you can see for my 6x4 photo I used a collage of 3 photos. 
I used my scallop border punch, which I absolutely love, to create two borders using the beautiful pink spotty paper (Kaisercraft Muse B side, Main Kit), above and below the photos. 

 I decided to type my journalling out, using my favourite typewriter font, and printed it on plain white cardstock. 

For my title I used these gorgeous silver alphas (Heidi Swapp, Main Kit), I love the font it's so whimsical. I also used some Elle's Studio white alphabets from my stash (the same style as the mint alphabet we had in the last kit). I thought the white alphas worked perfectly, against the white background, as I wanted it to be subtle.
I added a cloud wood veneer from my stash. 

In the bottom left hand corner I added another strip of scalloped paper, to echo the design above. As well as this cute compass embellishment, which I made by using my circle punch on one of the cards from the Custom Cards Kit, designed by Leonora! Remember you can always edit the custom cards to make them into embellishments if you wish!
As well as another wood veneer, and a tiny silver heart which is from the Heidi Swapp alphabet set (I love when alphabet sets include little matching hearts and stars). 


I decided to create a small 6x12 project life insert to go alongside the 12x12 layout. This is one of my favourite things to do, as I often find a 6x12 insert is enough to just expand the story a little more, and to add a few more photos. 


I used more of the beautiful cloud paper, and printed off a screenshot about the typhoon from Wikipedia, something I've not done before, but will definitely be doing again!
The pink and white striped card is from the Customs Card kit, designed by Leonora, and the colour is an absolute perfect match to the pinks in the Kaisercraft papers! I added some more wood veneer, another tiny silver heart, and two grey heart die cuts (exclusive in the Main kit). 






I really like the colours of this layout, and I hope you do too! 
See you soon, with more inspiration from the beautiful kits!

No comments:

Post a Comment