June Selfies - Natalie

Hello everyone!
Sorry it has been so long since my last layout, I've been really busy with exams.
I made this layout today during a revision break, and will be back with more after my final exam on Wednesday. 
For this layout I started with the background paper which is "Muse" from the Kaisercraft Daydreamer Collection, which was in the main kit.
I love busy backgrounds so knew I had to use this as a background. It's perfect for those of us who like the mixed media look but don't have time or want to get messy!
This paper can be rotated round and used in any orientation, but I chose to have it this way, with the black line along the bottom to ground the layout. 

I picked this recent selfie of my mum and I from the Take That concert we went to a few weeks ago.


I matted my photo using the B side of the Paper Fuel Smile paper (Lite Kit). The musical notes 3x4 card, and the June tag are both from the Custom Cards Kit. This kit is perfect for pocket page scrapbooking, but you can also use the cards on traditional scrapbook pages! I thought the musical notes were perfect as we were at a concert. And I liked how the June tag had pink and yellow which matched the background beautifully, but also brought in the green and blue too. 


For my title I used the black Heidi Swapp glitter alphabet stickers from the Extras Shop, along with the word June from the tag.


Under the photo I added two labels, which co-ordinate perfectly and again are from the Customs Card kit. I also added a tiny word/phrase sticker from the Pinkfresh Studio pack (Main Kit). And one of these lovely Heidi Swapp bows (Main Kit), which I have never used on a layout before!


I also added some tiny silver hearts, which I made by using the silver glitter washi tape (Custom Cards Kit) and my heart punch. This is a really good way to use up your washi tape, which I've been experimenting with recently. You can use any punches, I've even used my scallop border punch on a piece of washi. And I added some sequins from the Main Kit.


To mirror the bottom part of the layout, at the top I added another label die cut, phrase sticker, bow, sequins and a washi heart.


And finally I added a smaller embellishment cluster to the left of the photo, with an arrow sticker, sequins, heart and a black tab (American Crafts DIY shop - Main Kit). 

This layout was quite out of my comfort zone but I really enjoyed making it, and I'm happy with the final outcome. I hope you like it too! See you soon for more layouts with these gorgeous kits!


No comments:

Post a Comment