The Best


Hey everyone, I'm back again with a 3rd layout made using the Jan/Feb Quirky Kits. And again I'm working with the geometric theme! I was inspired to use a hexagonal pattern on my layout thanks to some of the hexagonal die cuts and enamel dots in the kits.


Using one of the die cut hexagons as a template, I cut out a dozen hexagons from a range of papers from all of the kits. I laid them out diagonally across the white cardstock and left some gaps to stitch hexagons instead. 
I used one of the hexagons I cut out as a template, piercing holes in it, so all my stitched hexagons would be the same size.
I stitched using green, black and pink thread to match the colours of the layout. 
I also added some of the smaller die cut hexagons from the main kit, and these gorgeous Freckled Fawn enamel dots from the embellishment kit. 





I matted my photo with white cardstock and then a lovely peach coloured patterned paper by Dear Lizzy in the main kit. I added foam tape on the back, to help lift the photo up from the busy background.

Across the centre of the page I added a ripped strip of the "Stay True" paper from Chasing Dreams by Crate Paper in the main kit, which has typewriter font on it. And then a strip of the "Lovely" paper again Chasing Dreams.

To this I added my title, "The Best" using the gorgeous teal thickers, a camera sticker from the Echo Park Just Be You sticker set and a rubber star by Amy Tan. These embellishments were all from the main kit. I also added a few Dear Lizzy "Lovely Day" tickets which were not included in the kits. 

I typed my journalling up on my computer using a typewriter font I downloaded, and printed it onto white cardstock. This is one of my favourite ways to add journalling!


And so here is the finished layout. I hope you like my geometric pattern and that the Jan/Feb kits have inspired you to try something different! 


No comments:

Post a Comment