Hey everyone,

I'm back with my second layout using the Jan/Feb Quirky kit, and again I used a geometric pattern.



I was inspired by this lovely paper in the main kit by Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams called Delightful.
I cut out colourful triangles mainly from the Dear Lizzy Lovely Day "Tag You're It" paper in the main kit, because I wasn't a big fan of the sentiments on the cut apart tags but I loved the colours. 
I then spent quite some time trying to decide how to lay out the coloured triangles, whether to cover the whole page, or just one side etc. In the end I decided to form a triangle at the top of the page and another at the bottom to draw the eye to the photo in the centre.



I matted the photo with a thin piece of the blue paper from the Chasing Dreams Maggie Holmes "Lovely" B side. 


I then added this beautiful rose ephemera piece from the Dear Lizzy Lovely Day ephemera pack, in the embellishment kit. 
Along with a Quirky Kit exclusive cut-apart arrow from the embellishment kit, and a silver mirror acrylic heart sticker from the main kit. 
I love the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams paper titled "Memories" from the Lite Kit, because the cameras are just calling out to be fussy cutted! 


To complement the rose on the left hand side of the photo, I found a sheet of paper in the Dear Lizzy Lovely Day 6x6 pad (not included in the kit), which has the same rose at the same size, so I fussy cut out another to add to the other side of the photo. And added another two of the exclusive cut-apart arrows.


Finally I worked on my title. I knew I wanted to keep this layout quite whimsical and that the teal thickers would be too much for the whole title, so I used some white puffy letters from my stash to spell out "class" and used the teal thickers for the number 6. To give the title something to sit on, I used a Quirky kits exclusive green geometric heart embellishment and another of the acrylic mirror hearts.

I hope you like my layout! I haven't added any journalling to this layout which I normally always do, but I know I will be making many more layouts and project life pages about this class, so I'll journal on those.
P.s. I have permission to share photos from this summer camp online. 

Thank you for looking!
Natalie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment