A wooden layout

I was intrigued to find the wood veneer sheet in my kit this month (the awesome Prismatic main kit, now sold out) and then decided it was the perfect host for my vanity project page! Et voila

 I've been a Church Minister for 24 years now (yes, I'm old!) and last summer changed jobs which means wearing a clerical shirt and dog collar much more often. So I decided to start an Instagram # to look at what I wear. It turns out I'm not in a shirt in all the photos but almost all of them show my love of 50's style skirts and dresses. It has become a real thing where I live that people are interested in what is on my skirt today! 

I picked out a fair few photos that I thought might work. I tend to take photos on my phone or Ipad and then transfer them to Instagram which is why I have copies! When I printed them out, two per 6x4 photopaper, some of them were not the right size for the circles so I was left with these. I always wanted a balance of photo and papers/decoration so that worked.


Looking at the clothes and the house can you tell what my favourite colour is?
Yup, it is red. There wasn't that much in the kit so I found what I could in the stickers and papers, added black (the other colour I spent most of my time in) as well as pops of yellow because yellow makes me happy too!
I traced around the outside edge of the circles onto the photos and the chosen papers then trimmed them out, stuck them down and trimmed again as I don't think I got it totally right the first time once!


The patterned paper circles were vehicles for my embellishments - mostly popped up on foam pads, and the journalling strips. Those lovely Thickers were just too big so I found some little Maggie Holmes letter stickers in my stash and used them instead. 
The Pink Paislee mirror acrylic star and heart were the final additions.
It was such fun playing with the wood veneer and I don't think I would have tried it if it hadn't been in the kit :) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment