Feeling all Christmassy

the gorgeous Lagom kit really keeps that Christmas feeling going and I decided to use it as a way of recording what Christmas was like this year. I was inspired by this Stuck? sketch 
as well as the American Crafts DIY 4 gold foiled star transparency sheet. I decided to go for a subtle stamped background on the Bazzill aloe vera cardstock to echo the grid pattern on the sketch. I used a Kaisercraft grid stamp and some gold ink to cover most of the page
then I cut the transparency into a circle to go over the top (I traced round a plate) 

then it was time to chop up papers. Because I didn't have enough gold (!) I painted a few of them with some Heidi Swapp Colour Shine to give a lovely sheen to them and also painted three of the gorgeous wooden hearts with the mist as well
(When I finished the whole thing I flicked some of the mist over the page.)
 I cut out the letters using some new to me WPlus9 letter dies and some old to me glitter card.
To replicate the star on the sketch I tried a few things but in the end covered it in versamark ink and heat embossed gold powder. 
I layered everything up and almost done
 all that was left was to do the little fancy bit in the corner using the gorgeous amber Thickers and adding some journalling using strips of cardstock
and my final flair button. Love them so much :)

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment