Danish Pastries!

Hey everyone,

I'm back again with another 12x12 layout made with the Nov/Dec Quirky Kit!
This layout was inspired by the beautiful custom squares in the Fika Embellishment kit. When I saw the one with a cinnamon roll on I knew I had the perfect photos to scrap!
When I went to Copenhagen in Dec 2015 with my friends we found this amazing bakery (I think it's a chain there), and they had delicious danish pastries. So every morning we ended up going there to eat pastries before going sight seeing, trying different ones each day!


I love kraft cardstock and so I knew I wanted to use that, but I was stuck on what other papers to use. Until I found this blue wavy paper (Shimelle Go Now Go paper from the main kit), which I originally overlooked because I had a plan for the hearts on the other side. Luckily I've got a spare sheet so I'll be able to use both sides.

I thought this paper matched with the blue cinnamon roll square and also the wavy lines remind me of the corrugated cardboard they make takeaway coffee cups from (which you can see in the right photo). 


I matted both photos on white cardstock because I wanted to highlight the white icing in the right photo. 
I then matted the right photo on a piece of brown paper bag, which I ripped and distressed the edges of. In the extras shop this month there was the Oh Joy Pinkfresh Studio acetate cut apart sheet, which is great because one side is gold and the other side is silver. I cut out the gold starry 3x4 square and cut it in half, and tucked a piece behind each side of the photo, so you can see a few gold stars on the brown paper bag.

For the left photo I added a strip of light blue patterned paper to the left hand side, which I punched with my new scallop border punch. This paper is actually the reverse of one of the custom squares from the Fika embellishment kit. 



For my title I used the American Crafts Follow Thickers from the Fika embellishment kit. I love these thickers because they're lovely and neutral - white with a gold outline - and I thought they again helped to bring out the white in the photos. I also used some Thickers from my stash which look like they're made of corrugated cardboard.


To the embellishment kit I added one of the adorable Freckled Fawn coffee cup puffy stickers and a Freckled Fawn cork heart with a gold foil outline, both are in the Fika kit. I also added a tiny word sticker from the Pinkfresh Studio Oh Joy sticker pack (extras shop). 


Finally for my journalling I decided to use a kraft tag from my stash which I cut in half. I added American Crafts DIY shop gold sparkle twine from the Fika kit, and another coffee cup, heart and tiny word sticker! And I stamped "We ate this" with a stamp from my stash, as well as using a roller stamp to put the date under my photos.



I hope you like my layout, I would never have thought to use blue on this layout without the Quirky Kit to inspire me! I'll be back soon with some pocket page layouts made with the Nov/Dec kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment