Brr

Hello everyone, I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year's Eve!

I'm back today with a new 12x12 layout I've made with the Nov/Dec kits.
Most of the bits I used are from the Lagom main kit, as well as some bits from the Fika embellishment kit.
When I saw this Scandinavian inspired kit I knew the perfect photos to use would be from my trip to Copenhagen in December 2015 that I haven't scrapped yet. This photo is just a selfie of my friends and I on the trip.

I started off using the custom squares in the main kit, when I first saw them I just knew they would look great in a grid, and as I've never done a grid layout before I thought this would be the perfect way to start! I picked 7 squares and organised them so the colours were separated.


Next I matted the photo first with the Pink Paislee #18 patterned paper B side from the Main kit, then the B side of Simple Stories Silver White Winter, and finally the B side of Simple Stories #Nailed It patterned paper. This created a photo matt with greys, blues, black and white. 

To the top and the bottom of the page I added a thin stripe from the beautiful exclusive paper Just Fir you B side designed by Leonora! This helps to ground the layout on the page I think!

I then added one of the flairs from the main kit to one square, and a snowflake wood veneer to another.
I wrote the date "Dec 15" with an alphabet set from the Pinkfresh Studio "Oh Joy" collection - this wasn't in the kit, but a lot of this collection is available in the Crafty Templates store.


In the top left I made a cluster with a flag from Snow and Cocoa which says Brr and I thought matched the kit perfectly, a custom label from the main kit which I journalled onto, and a tiny word sticker from Pinkfresh Studio Oh Joy (available in the store).


Finally for my title I used "Brr" from the Snow and Cocoa wood veneer kit in the Fika Embellishment kit, along with another of those snowflakes and tiny word stickers.



I hope you like my layout, and it inspired you to use those custom squares in a new way!
I've already made my next layout so I will be back very soon!
Natalie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment