Hey everyone,

Can you believe it's nearly December? Hasn't this month gone fast?

With sneaks being released for the next kit and the extras shop now open, hands up who is a little behind with last times kits?

That would be me then!!

I've had a busy time recently, but I'm determined to get caught up in time for the new kits arriving.



So onto my new layout. This is a called 'Beautiful' and uses a mix of products across the kits. I have used:

Main kit:

White Cardstock
Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills Ephemera
Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills 'Blue Valley' Paper
Navy Cut Apart Label

Embellishment Kit:

Reset Girl Chipboard
Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills Chipboard Hearts
Bertie's Bows Glitter Ribbon

Custom Cards Kit:

Baers Garten Flair

Extras Shop:

Prima Fluttering Flowers Stencil
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse, Fresh Copper

Own Stash:

Heidi Swapp Color Shine, Navy



I didn't have a set idea when I started this layout, all I knew was I was eager to crack open the embellishment mousse. So I picked the Fresh Copper colour to use with the Prima Fluttering Flowers stencil as I liked the scattered look.

After spreading over the central section of my cardstock I left the mousse to dry for approximately an hour. In the meantime I went through my box of embellishments and looked for anything that matched the colours in my photo.

The photo I picked is a picture of my son from a few years ago. We are in the park on a spring morning.



I have matted the white cardstock onto a piece of the Pinkfresh Studio paper, I 'gutted' the middle so that I can use the leftovers on another layout.

I don't often use ribbon in my scrapbooking, so it was nice to receive some in the kit. I picked out the glittery one as I thought it was a good match for the colour of the mousse. I layered up the ribbon, which is a technique I often use in card making. It creates a good amount of texture to the layout. I topped it with one of the small chipboard hearts. This was quite fiddly to do, but was worth it in the end!

I then layered around my photo with various pieces of ephemera, a cut apart label, chipboard and some flair.

Finally to finish I used some navy blue mist and used the splatter technique.


No comments:

Post a Comment