Magic Night

Hey guys, I'm Alice and I'm a new member of the Quirky Design Team! I'm very excited to bring you my first layout using the 'Willow' kit and 'Ash' embellishment kit, with a photo of me in my prom dress.
I have other photos (still to scrap) to further document the 'story' of the evening so this was more of a general layout to encompass the emotions and atmosphere of my Year 11 prom. I wanted it to be light and pretty and I wanted to emphasise my pink dress. 

I fussy cut some fiddly clusters of flowers from 'Kate' and 'So Sweet' from the Crate Paper Gather collection to frame the photo and add some depth and texture. I also used a coloured pencil and water brush behind them to bring in some more detail. The gold Thickers and Copper Penny Nuvo drops are for extra sparkly pizzazz! 
I couldn't resist this Indigo Hills die cut since it was the perfect pink and used the first letter of my name. 

When I do layouts with the main cluster in one corner I like to balance it in the other corner; a label, die cut and Reset Girl chipboard sticker were great to stop the page looking too empty.


I used a DIY Shop library card and pocket to do a little bit of hidden journaling and the Carpe Diem stamp says 'best.day.ever.'. It might not have been the best ever but it was pretty fab! I hope this layout shows you how versatile the kit can be if you choose your colours carefully, this photo was taken in July and I don't think you can tell the papers and embellishments were chosen for Autumn. I filmed a process video for this layout with even more detail about my thought process, you can watch it below:

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment