Scrapping Lite

I've got two layouts to share today, both made with the Cake Walk Lite Kit
Here's the first
 Yes we know how to party.... I love that pink background paper with the ombre tones. I thought the colours of the kit went very well with the Premier Inn decor but just had to add a  few touches (well a lot) of gold. I began by splattering some gold mist over the page. While that was drying I did the usual thing of when in doubt just chop bits from various papers and see what you think. I also chopped the menu card in half so I could put the journalling at the top. 


As I said, once I decided on more gold I really added more gold. I painted some gold glimmer mist onto some cardstock and when it was dry, added the three butterfly stickers and cut round them. 



I also added glimmer mist to the little house. The gold doily was a die cut that I chopped in half. I used the same gold foil card for the alphabet as the kit ones, though gorgeous were not gold enough!

 Finally, inspired by the Nuvo drops I got out my box of liquid pearls and stickles and added some gold, pink and green around the layout.

Here is page 2...
 This layout is based on a sketch but very cleverly I can't find the notes I made of where the sketch is from. I felt like doing a bit of mixed media background so added some Raspberry distress ink to some texture paste and threw in a little bit of glitter
while that was drying I painted circles on my paper with a sage colour mist and a silver wink of Stella pen. I also die cut some hearts using various papers - these were edged with Spruce distress ink and I highlighted all of the little "x" shapes with the silver pen (yes it did take a long time!) Oh yes, the lovely wee doves also got the silver pen treatment. 

Finally it was time to put it all together adding some of the cardstock labels for fun.
 I layered it all up and wrote my journalling. I used the alphabet from the kit but added in some old stickers for half the title as this alphabet doesn't include numbers.


 

1 comment:

  1. Love these Lythan! That pink/glitter/dotty texturing is gorge, I need to look into that, super lush.

    ReplyDelete