Duck-Duck

Hello everyone, it's me again!
As I mentioned in a previous post about a month ago now, we got a puppy and you may be seeing lots of future layouts featuring her. Yep, here she is with her favourite toy (which is actually a pigeon) Duck-Duck.

Here's the items I used to create this layout:

From the main kit:

  • Amy Tangerine Oh Happy Life 11am Patterned Paper
  • Nuvo Crystal Drops - Midnight Blue
From the Lite Kit:
  • Freckled Fawn Grey Puffy Alphas
From the Embellishment kit:
  • Black & White striped buttons
  • Carpe Diem Reset Girl pack of 3 Washi Tape
  • Freckled Fawn 32 Puffy Star Stickers
  • MAMBI Sticks - My Life stickers
  • My Minds Eye Yes Please Stickers
From the Extra's Store:
  • Nuvo Crystal Drops Sweet Lilac
Here's how I created my layout with the above products:


 I started by cutting the Amy Tangerine paper in half diagonally and adhering it to the bottom left hand corner of my 12x12 sheet of white cardstock. Then came the most time consuming part of the layout the Nuvo dots. (I actually started this layout before bed one night so I could allow the Nuvo drops to dry properly overnight) I followed the cut of the patterned paper and alternated between the midnight blue and the sweet lilac drops and I love the effect.
When I woke up in the morning and went to finish my layout they were perfectly dry, no adhesive needed! I then trimmed my photo's and used a thin piece of double-sided tape to attach them together before sticking them in the centre of my page, making sure they were halfway on the white cardstock and halfway on the patterned paper. Then...came the embellishing.
I started with the title using the Freckled Fawn grey puffy alpha's from the lite kit (I need these alphas in every colour possible!) To make the hyphen - I cut one of the Q's up as I never use the q's and it worked great!  I then laid down several strips of the Carpe Diem Reset Girl washi tape under the photo's and used a few of the MAMBI my life stickers, one on the washi tape, one at the side of the bottom photo and one on the photo itself, pointing to Enya's duck.

I used some of the gold arrows from the My Minds Eye Yes Please sticker sheet which I placed on the photo's and also the large heart sticker on the right hand side. The smaller gold heart sticker I placed on one of the black and white striped buttons and this made it look like a flair badge..love it!
I finished my layout by using a few of the Freckled Fawn puffy star stickers and Hey Presto!

After doing a more complicated layout with my previous post, the mixed media one, I wanted to keep this one a little more simple. I contemplated doing some journalling to explain this is Enya's favourite toy, but I didn't know where to put it and didn't want to risk messing up my layout so I decided against it. The layout is pretty self-explanatory anyway.

I hope you like my layout, I will be back soon with a Project Life style layout.
Until next time...Happy Scrapping Everyone x

No comments:

Post a Comment