Time to sit back & unwind...

Hey everyone! I'm baaaack!
Here as promised is my Project Life style layout using the May/June Quirky kit.
With this layout I will describe window by window what I did and the products I used to complete this look.


Window 1:

So it may not be clear what or why I even did this card...It was to show myself woman..you spend too much money you don't really have lol.
For this pocket I cut a 4x6 inch piece of the Bazzill 12x12 Tropical Cardstock and to this I adhered my photo. To this I added a couple of stickers from the Jen Hadfield cardstock stickers pack, the arrow was from the Jillybean Soup Healthy Hello Peapod parts and I also added a few of the puffy heart stickers from the Fancy Pants Millie and June Puffy Dot Stickers pack to finish off.

Window 2

Again I used the Bazzill Jetstream cardstock as my backing card and onto this I adhered my photo showing...yep more spendatures (oops) On the left hand side of the card I used one of the 3x4 cards from the Festival Custom Cards Kit. I then used some of the pieces from the Jillybean Soup Healthy Hello Peapod Parts ephemera pack (which I adore! It's right up my alley!) For the gold centre of the flower I used another of the Millie & June Puffy dot stickers and finished off this card by using the Millie & June Royal blue puffy alphabet. To make the card stand out a little I used a black rollerball marker and drew some faux stitching to create a nice effect.

Window's 3&4

For window's 3&4 I used another 2 of the cards that Leo designed from the Festival custom cards kit. The one on the left I wanted to do some journalling to remind myself not to spend so much and the other I decorated with a couple of photo's from the Adult Colouring App I'd been using that week. I'll admit I still prefer normal colouring with actual pencils, but it was still relaxing and you could choose several finishes for your artwork once you'd finished them. Again I used the Jillybean Soup Healthy Hello ephemera for decoration alongside the Millie & June Puffy dot stickers, and finished this card off by using one of the Pretty Little Studio silver foiled labels from the main kit.

Window's 5&6

For window's 5&6 I used another 2 of the cards from the Festival custom card kit. The one on the left displayed 2 more of the photo's from the adult colouring app and was embellished with...you guessed it, more of the Jillybean Soup Healthy Hello ephemera and some of the Millie & June puffy dot stickers. The card on the right had embellishments from the same two packs as the left card with the addition of one of the Jen Hadfield Everyday cardstock stickers. A simple but pretty filler card.

Window 7  

A photo collage made on Pic stitch was the main focus of this card, this time using one of the 4x6 cards from the Festival custom card kit. It shows the car I made in one of the games I purchased for my PS4 and also the other games that arrived. I made a little embellishment cluster on the right side of the card using one of the Jen Hadfield everyday stickers, and more ephemera from the Jillybean soup Healthy Hello (from the amount I've used of that ephemera pack this month throughout the layouts I've currently posted, I think it shows just how much can come in a little packet..I myself was amazed and would love to get my hands on another pack of it as it's so versatile. The awesome word helped to finish the page and made my photo stand out even more. It helps to draw your eye to the subject of the card.

Window 8

Nice and simple for this last card as I'd already heavily embellished the other ones. This was one of the 4x6 filler cards that came in the Festival custom card kit. The colour palette Leo used to create these is right up my avenue and it was a pleasure to work with them. Aren't we lucky to have kits with such a variety, but co-ordinate perfectly with each other! 

As usual I had great fun making this Project Life style layout, and there is at least one more post to come from me before we get our new goodies through the post (Can you believe it's August already?) For my next post I'm going to show you how you can incorporate cut files from a Silhouette die cutter (for those of you that have one) and some mixed media into your layouts, whilst still using products from the kit. 
Until my next post.. Happy Scrapping Everyone! x

No comments:

Post a Comment