Working in a Grid

Hiya, Leo here. I've been browsing though the Jan/Feb main kit this week and I just started chopping into the Simple Stories elements paper. I liked the 2x2 squares on the paper and that set me off pushing them around  on my desk and thinking of ways of arranging them. It made me think of how easy it is to just stick to a grid pattern for a layout be it a card layout or a scrapbook one. I don't mean like a rigid grid I mean more like just keeping it in mind as you're filling in a page. I ended up making a couple of cards with this in mind. This one is just four of the Simple Stories paper squares cut out and I added one of the Dear Lizzy puffy stickers to one and a stamped greeting to another. The grid looked a little too rigid for my liking so I added some grungy gold stitching around the grid.

This card also has a grid design but it's not using squares it's using rectangle paper bits cut at random. I started with the strip of paper at the bottom with the 'a limited edition' text on it cut from the Simple Stories paper gluing that down first gave me somewhere to start building up a 'grid' although this time I filled in the spaces with rectangles of paper, some of the alphabet stickers and one of the vellum splatters. I added a little bit of pink dot stamping, (with the top of a pencil eraser) to the Confetti paper and a fabric brad from the embellishment kit.



If you find yourself pushing paper pieces around have a think about a grid pattern and see if it helps getting you started. For further reading I had a little look on Pinterest for some scrapbook pages that have a grid pattern and a couple of my favourites were this one, https://www.pinterest.com/pin/486318459737689229/ and this one, https://www.pinterest.com/pin/109775309642855015/ 

There are lots more too. It's for sure a really good way to get started on a project. :)

I'll be back tomorrow with another project I just finished making a really cute tassel embellishment and confetti with the Confetti paper!
x Leo


No comments:

Post a Comment