Going a bit dotty

I was positively giddy when I realised just how well the papers in the kit this month matched the photo that I wanted to scrap.
 The pink photo mat? Exactly the same colour as the cup that the icecream is in. The greeny yellow paper reflects the  colour of the little plastic spoon and the grey cardstock and paper - a wonderful match to the icecream. Yup, it is not a photo printing failure, the icecream really was that shade... Something that needed to be scrapped and so it made my heart very happy that the kit set it off so well. I am beginning to think Leo's powers extend beyond good taste to something psychic!

There are also a lot of dots and sprinkles going on. Feel free to yawn and say "boring" as almost all my layouts have dots and sprinkles at the moment but do you know what? I like them and I don't care if my layouts are obviously going to scream Summer 2013. That's just what I enjoy right now. (Plus a lot of them were in the kit so the boss obviously agrees!)

The big shiny spots are the glassine envelope
confession time: I had torn mine open in the excitement of getting to the contents and so had to think of a way to use it, as it features in the embellishment list. So I die cut circles from what was left (!). Initially I painted the glitter paste on and stuck it face down with the idea that the glitter would shine through. But it didn't so I had to carefully peel them off and turn them over.

I loved that spotted background paper but I also loved the other side so carefully gutted it. You will see the rest on my next layout. I covered it with some of the grey cardstock. Everything has been inked with Pumice Stone distress ink. The green/yellow paper strip was stuck down and some of the grey ribbon was glued on top. The word "elephant" was die cut from some of the grey patterned paper. I was initially going to stick the Amy Tangerine letters direct to the page but they got a bit lost so I mounted each one on some of the spare grey cardstock and stuck them on using foam pads.
All that was left was to add the journalling and lots more dots. The sequins are from the kit, as are the glass beads. I also added on some of my Liquid Pearl "blobs".
And another important holiday story is documented



No comments:

Post a Comment