Have Book, Will Photo

It's Sian here again, with a post which was going to be about black and white pages:

I just had to find somewhere great for the fabulous camera embellishment from Say Cheese


I loved the Kesi Art graph paper (and the paper tape and the crisp white cardstock..) so much it made me want to try something I've only done a couple of times before. A layout pulled together entirely from black and white supplies. It's certainly an easy way to start! No colours to dither over? How quick is that! It's a great chance to mix some patterns too. And a good way of experimenting with texture. Build up a few layers of tone on tone texture without any fear of things not matching!

I tried it. And you know what? At the end I liked it...

but I still felt that the colours on some of the other lovely papers were calling me. I just had to add a pop of that bright green. All I needed was the strip from the bottom of the sheet. (The little hearts aren't even complete - I was able to hide the bits I couldn't get punched.)


And I like it much better this way. So my tip for today? Use black and white as a base for any other colour you like. It's worth trying once. And if you do - don't forget to add your layout to this month's link. I'd love to see.

Oh, and the book? The best tip in there is one I already knew, but had never really thought about: Your camera phone is with you all the time, so it's there whatever you are feeling. Use it to capture emotions.

17 comments:

  1. This is really effective. And you were right that touch of green just finishes it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page - I love doing tone on tone titles - they are like a little secret awaiting someone prepared to give more than a cursory glance!
    Love the touches of green and the white over-stitched circles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning and stylish and the little touch of green really makes it pop right out at you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab page Sian - must give the black and white with a pop of another colour a go - and I am dying to use my camera embellishment too

    ReplyDelete
  5. The touch of green really does make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little spots of green just make the whole page pop! Perfect! I love this LO & that camera embellie is gorgeous...may have to have a go at maing one a little like that!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super page, and I love the little touch of spring green ... I'm also very fond of white on white (as you might know). This all works perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm on a cardmaking roll today so might try this out on some of them. I like it so much more with the pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the white on white and it looks great with your touches of green teamed with black too. Sweet camera stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great page and I love the splash of green.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just that little bit of green works perfect Sian!

    ReplyDelete
  13. girl this is amazing. love. it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That little dash of green just make the LO 'pop'...and the camera stamp is cute!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I love that camera embellishment and the stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow love your black and white thinking. the stitching sets it off and the pop of green works well too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the stitching on this, and the little pops of colour. Lovely! x

    ReplyDelete